The Village Hall
The current hall was opened in 1956 as a meeting place for the parishioners of Bothel and Threapland.
The building work was done by local builders, the Maxwell family for whom a Mr L Story worked. The building was financed using loans from local farmers and businesses. A dance was held on the opening night which some parishioners still remember.
Many organisations have used the hall over the years and it is the local polling station for the village. In the past few years the hall has housed village parties celebrating the Diamond Jubilee and the Royal Wedding.
In 2013 the Village Hall Management Committee were successful in obtaining a lottery grant and together with monies from the Community Fund built a new village hall.An open day is planned for 21 March 2015 from 1300 to 1800 hours when old and new friends are welcome